Poly relationships are unique, and they come with their own set of challenges and rewards. However, many people don’t understand them or what they entail. That’s why we’ve put together this blog post, to introduce you to poly relationship goals and help you understand what they are and what they mean for you. From communication to making decisions together, these goals can help make your poly relationship work better. So read on and learn about some of the key things you should consider when working towards achieving poly relationship goals.
What are poly relationship goals?
Poly relationships are a lot like any other kind of relationship, in that they can have goals. But poly relationships have a few added complexities, so it’s important to be specific about what you’re hoping to get out of the relationship. Here are some poly relationship goals to help guide your thinking:
1. To feel connected to someone else. In any kind of relationship, the connection is vital. Poly relationships are no different; you need to feel connected to all the people in your poly community for it to work well.
2. To form and maintain strong bonds with multiple people. Oftentimes, the strongest bonds in a poly relationship come from those who have the hardest time forming traditional relationships. If forming strong ties with everyone in your poly community is something you’re looking for, then this goal may be a good fit for you.
3. To experience new and exciting relationships simultaneously. In polyamorous relationships, there’s always the potential for new and exciting connections with new people – whether that means dating someone new or just introducing them to your existing partners. This can be an exhilarating way to live life!
4. To build trust and intimacy over time. One of the hallmarks of successful poly relationships is that they develop trust over time – both between partners and within the group as a whole. This requires careful calibration and communication on all sides but can lead to some truly amazing things overall.
Also read: What is a femdom relationship?
What are the different types of poly relationships?
There are many different types of poly relationship goals. Some people in poly relationships want to establish a primary relationship with one specific person, while others may want to maintain a network of connections with multiple people. Some people want to create families with multiple partners, and some just want to have fun and explore their sexuality in new ways. Whatever your goals may be, it’s important to find out what works best for you and your partner(s). Talk about your thoughts and feelings openly and honestly, so that you can figure out what kind of poly relationship will work best for you.
What are the benefits of having poly relationship goals?
There are many benefits to having poly relationship goals. Some of the benefits include:
1. Having multiple relationship goals leads to a more fulfilling and stable relationship.
2. It can help you better understand your partner and their needs, which can create stronger connections.
3. Poly relationships tend to be more egalitarian, meaning that everyone has an equal say in decision-making. This can lead to more open communication in the relationship.
4. Poly relationships are often less prone to conflict because everyone is invested in the well-being of the group as a whole.
5. Poly relationships provide opportunities for self-exploration and growth that might not be available in other types of relationships.
How do you create poly relationship goals?
Poly-relationship goals can be different for everyone, depending on the individuals involved and their wants and needs. However, some common poly relationship goals can help to guide the overall direction of a poly relationship.
Some poly relationship goals might include exploring all aspects of relationships with multiple people, creating a strong foundation for long-term happiness and stability within the group, maintaining healthy communication and collaboration between all members, and emphasizing self-acceptance, accountability, and shared responsibility. While these are by no means definitive or exhaustive, they can provide a starting point for creating poly relationship goals that work for everyone involved.
How can you measure if your poly relationship goals are working?
When it comes to polyamorous relationships, many things can be considered goals. However, it can be difficult to measure whether or not our relationships are meeting these goals. One way to measure if your poly relationship goals are working is to look at how your relationships are affecting your mental and emotional health. Additionally, you may want to consider looking at whether or not you and your partners are having satisfying sexual interactions. Lastly, you should also evaluate the overall level of communication and intimacy in your relationships.